NYCAMH: Respiratory Fit Testing Services
NYCAMH: PTO Shielding
NYCAMH: Worker Safety
Dairy Safety Training Videos from the High Plains Intermountain Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (HICAHS)
The dairy industry plays a big role in the economy of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and many other states. Today's dairy workforce needs to know how to handle large animals, operate specialized equipment, and deal with extreme weather conditions without harming themselves or animals.
In this video series created by HICAHS, "Considering Human and Animal Safety," best practices are outlined on how to safely and productively care for dairy cows while reducing risk of injury to yourself. These videos are a great onboarding tool for new workers. All videos are available in English and Spanish.
Watch these videos here at the HICAHS website or use the links below.
Dairy Safety Training Video Introduction to Part I
- Outside Animal Care (Part I, Section 1)
- Milking Barn Safety (Part I, Section 2)
- Feeding and Other Safety Issues (Part I, Section 3)
Dairy Safety Training Video Part II (English)
- General & Outside Worker Safety (Part II, Section 1)
- Milker & Calf Caretaker Safety (Part II, Section 2)
- Feeder Safety (Part II, Section 3)